How to Take Care of Summer Skin Problems - Glow by Tressmart
Summer time is considered as vacation time, leisure time and outing time! It comes with the fun of easy breezy clothes, coconut water and skin problem time. Indian summers can be pretty damaging to your precious skin. No matter how much you take care of your skin, summer comes playing the role of villain in one's life. There are a few changes in our skincare regimen that one might consider when transitioning from winter to summer to keep the skin looking healthy through the season.
Some common problems that occur in the summer and the ways to prevent them are:
1. Sun Tan and Sun Allergy: Sun Tan is your body’s attempt to protect itself from the sun’s damaging UV rays. The more you expose yourself to UV rays, the more melanin your body releases making your skin darker. Using a sunscreen is of course the Holy Grail of skincare, but exfoliating and using face masks and face packs containing Vitamin C, Azelaic Acid or Kojic Acid are highly recommended to remove sun tan. Sun Allergy, a common problem, causes a rash when the skin is exposed to UV Rays in sunlight. This type of rash varies from person to person and can be in the form of blisters, red bumps or can appear red and scaly. Using sunscreen with zinc oxide to block UVA and UVB rays is an absolute must. There are natural after sun care products also available to calm inflamed skin.
2. Dry Irritated Skin: When outdoor air is hot and humid in the summer, you can suffer from dryness of the skin along with irritation. Using mild cleansers that contain ingredients like hyaluronic acid and aloe vera can soothe the skin. Moisturising the skin using fragrance and alcohol free moisturiser that contain calendula and other plant based ingredients can lock in the moisture curing irritated skin.
3. Sticky and Oily Skin: A rise in heat and humidity in the summer increases skin’s oil production, which in turn leads to sticky and oily skin. We have all stepped out of our houses looking beautiful only to have oily and patchy skin in a few hours of being out. Not only does this make us look bad, but can also clog our pores. Using a toner on a daily basis will keep your skin healthy. Applying toner on the skin helps improve blood circulation to the surface of the
skin and closes pores and brings a glow to the skin and gets rid of stickiness.
4. Acne: Summertime often brings oily skin, blackheads and an increase in breakouts. Heat, humidity, sweat, extra oil on the skin, all can aggravate acne. Using a mild face cleanser will remove dust particles, make up, oil and humidity from the skin. Moisturizing is also important to deal with acne. Using gel based moisturizers that contain ingredients like salicylic acid are great for acne prone skin. Using mild exfoliators weekly to scrub off dead skin cells to reveal a fresher you, is a great way to keep acne at bay too. Using a good quality face mask that contains natural clay will also help in keeping pores unclogged and clean.
5. Heat Rash: Heat Rash, also known as prickly heat is very common and can be extremely uncomfortable. It is caused when sweat gets trapped due to blockage in sweat glands in the deeper layers of the skin and causes inflammation, redness and blister-like lesions. Bathing in cool water and using a gentle shower gel that contains ingredients like aloe vera will help unclog pores that contribute to heat rash. Using a light vegan and natural moisturiser on the skin which contains no harmful chemicals will keep the skin refreshed
Glow by Tressmart has a vast variety of skin care products specially designed for use during the summer. There are a bunch of face washes, serums, toners, moisturizers, speciality sun care and face packs and masks to choose from to keep your skin looking its best through the summer!
Read More - WHAT IS SOLUTION TO AIR POLLUTION FOR SKIN